5 Things to Remember on your Golden Year

My soul sister and sister from another mother is celebrating her birthday soon...her Golden Year, as she calls it.

Spent the afternoon hiking Griffith Observatory. We've talked about family, friends, Sam, hair, Raymar, plants, snacks, former jobs, family dramas, mama, papa, weight, Manolet, Didith, relationships, her husband Phil and yeah...how it feels to be in her Golden Year.

One day, it will be my turn, so I'm reminding myself 5 things when I get to celebrate my own Golden Year.


No. 1 It's ok to get scared of getting older. It's a cycle of life. We're not getting any younger, so definitely we are getting older and as they say...wiser, whatever that means...I'm still chasing that wisdom thing...
































No. 2  It's never too late or too early...to chase a dream, fall in love, get married, finish school, learn another language, maybe start a career or business, sky diving, bungee jumping, ride a horse... whatever is written in my bucket list...







No. 3  I have to feel pretty...grey hair to wrinkles, eye bags to stubborn fats. To suit up really nice, take care of the body and stay healthy is the smartest investment aside from the 401k, social security, life savings and my piggy bank. I rather spend on spas and travel, than pay medical bills.
































No. 4 Keep family, friends and cats close. Nurture relationships, ties and family pets. They're my success and life achievements.





Agnes


















No. 5. See the world...would be nice to travel. I've never been to Iowa or Colorado, see the canals of Italy, and the Great Wall of China. Create memories, see places, try out different cuisine, take lots of pictures...a selfie, two-fie or group-fie...whatever that means...




So if you're celebrating your 22nd...42nd...or 82nd birthday, make it your Golden Year...






No comments:

Post a Comment